The Seizing Our Destiny Champions Council is encouraging youth to live, work and play in Riverside. We know that doing so will fuel economic growth in our area for youth that decide to stay, create a youth population that is engaged in the community and leave a positive impression about the city that they will take with them if they decide to leave.
Are you someone who has a positive outlook about your experience in Riverside? Are you engaged in the community? Are you ready to give back? Then maybe YOU are who we’re looking for!
What’s the Mentor’s role?
The Mentor will meet regularly (a minimum one time a month) with their assigned Mentee and our desire is that the following goals will be accomplished by the end of 12 months:
- Model the behavior of an engaged citizen of the community.
- Communicate. Share your experiences living in Riverside, answer questions, tell stories, give advice, invite youth to events, etc.
- Share Seizing Our Destiny.
- Look for barriers that youth may have about Riverside including perceptions and negative comments.
- Challenge youth to mentor others.
How does it work?
- Mentors are matched to youth via a simple common interests assessment
- Mentors are then connected to their match and a schedule of recommended activities is provided
- The Mentor and Mentee will set up their first meeting and we’ll ask for feedback regularly
What’s required of the Mentor?
- A completed Mentor Registration, which is basically just your detailed contact information.
- Completion of a common interests assessment (sent to you AFTER you’ve registered)
- Completion of a fun personality survey which you can find at www.16personalities.com. It’s a FREE assessment that you share with your Mentee. He/she will be asked to complete one and share with you too!
- Approximately one-hour time commitment per month to meet with your Mentee at a time and place convenient for both of you for 12 months. This is a one-year commitment.
- An Agreement to Release All Liability form (sent to you AFTER you’ve registered)
More questions? Check out our FAQ’s